Pioneering DENSO A/C keeps Hong Kong commuters comfortable
Life & Energy
DENSO is world-renowned for its car parts and systems – but did you know that the company also develops a wide range of advanced technologies for home and industry?
DENSO’s Life&Energy New Business Development team is focused on leveraging DENSO’s advanced automotive technologies and systems into innovative new products for expansion into non-automotive industries. Life&Energy mission is to bring to reality DENSO’s long-term plan to 2020 “protecting lives, preserving the planet, and preparing for a bright future” by introducing innovative products that will contribute to the environment and enhance comfort for daily life.
DENSO invest 9.4% of our consolidated sales in R&D activities, which demonstrates the focus on continues development of next generation technologies.
Although non-automotive products today account for around 2% of DENSO Corporation’s global revenue, there is a high passion and ambition to grow this business area in the coming years.
Key growth enablers are:
- Close customer intimacy and long-term relationships
- Synergy effect by using our existing advanced automotive technologies for Non-Automotive developments.
- DENSO global presence to manufacture products and to provide services to our customers anywhere
Product examples are:
- DENSO CoGeneration Spark Plugs - a unique range of robust, high performing Spark Plugs especially for the gas engine industry. > more information
- Energy-efficient and renewable CO2 Heat Pumps for your home and commercial applications. > more information
Another design “break- through” is the DENSO Patented ‘Ejector CO2 Cycle’ technology, which optimizes compressor efficiency by recovering energy normally lost during the vapor compression cycle by increasing the compressor intake pressure.