Wholesalers and workshops benefit from smart consolidation with DENSO Lambda Sensors
DENSO Corporation’s World Firsts
- World’s first spark plug with platinum electrode (1.1 mm)
- World’s first spark plug with U-groove electrode
- Introduction of a new, compact starter which cost less and performed better than conventional starters.
- World’s first glow plug with a ceramic heating element
- Development of the QR code by DENSO Wave
- go to movie about QR code
World’s first clutch-less variable air conditioning compressor with electronic control
World’s first spark plug with iridium electrode (0.4 mm)
- World’s first catalytic converter with thin-wall ceramic honeycomb structure
- World’s first 12-hole fuel injector
- Introduction of the DENSO Iridium spark plug for cars
- World’s first segment conductor (SC) alternator, adopting dual windings and rectifiers and a rectangular conductor for its stator coil
- World’s first planetary-reduction segment conductor (SC) starter
- World’s first belt-driven integrated starter generator
- Introduction of DENSO Iridium Saver spark plug for gas engines used in cogeneration systems.
- DENSO eliminates lead in brushes for all automotive electric motors in Europe
- World’s smallest mass-air pressure sensor
- Introduction of four new components for hybrid vehicles: an integrated hybrid control computer; a battery monitoring unit; a DC-DC converter; and the world’s first electric compressor to incorporate the inverter
- World’s first 1,800-bar diesel common-rail system with Piezo injectors
- World’s smallest and lightest high-output alternators. DENSO’s 220-amp alternator is the first air-cooled type with this output level
- World’s first double-pipe internal heat exchanger for a compact front air conditioning system
- World’s first motor-driven electric variable valve timing control system
- Introduction of a high-output power control unit (PCU) and battery cooling system for hybrid vehicles, leapfrogging the competition in terms of size and weight.
- World’s smallest air conditioning system for a compact-size vehicle.
- World’s first permanently engaged starter
- World’s first passenger car air conditioning system using an ejector-based refrigeration cycle
- Introduction of the Twin Tip spark plug. This high-performance nickel spark plug improves fuel efficiency and decreases CO2 emissions, while maintaining the affordable price of nickel plugs
- Introduction of the Double Needle Iridium Tough Spark Plug. A 0.4 mm iridium centre electrode and a 0.7mm needle type platinum alloy ground electrode, deliver exceptional, Super Ignition Plug (SIP) quality performance at an even more competitive price
- Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning (HVAC) system capable of heating or cooling the driver’s area only; separately controlling the climate in three different cabin zones and helping improve overall fuel economy when the A/C is on.
- World's first engine control system in which the injectors have a built-in pressure sensor to measure fuel injection pressure in real time and control fuel injection quantity and timing; for long-lasting, high injection accuracy - called intelligent-Accuracy Refinement Technology (i-ART).
- World’s smallest vision sensor for use in Lane Departure Warning and Automatic High Beam Control Systems; with the greatest operating temperature range in the world.
- Announcement world’s largest projection size TFT LCD Head-up Display (due for market launch around 2015).
- World's first integrated, in-vehicle Wireless Cell Phone Charger, providing a convenient smartphone charging solution without the need for cords and connections.
- Diesel common rail fuel injection system with the world’s highest injection pressure of 2,500 bar, helping to increase fuel efficiency by up to 3 percent whilst also reducing particulate matter by up to 50 percent and nitrogen oxides by up to 8 percent
- World’s first, highly standardised automotive climate control unit that can be used for a wide variety of vehicles; featuring a smaller and lighter design that achieves higher performance.
- World’s first Exhaust gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve Unit to integrate an air intake throttle valve and an EGR valve, helping to make diesel engine emissions cleaner at half the size of conventional models.
- World’s first fuel injection system for small motorcycles that uses newly developed control technologies to eliminate the need for a throttle position sensor or engine temperature sensor. Called DIET-FI, the system delivers the same fuel economy and environmental performance as conventional fuel injection systems, at lower cost.
DENSO Announced its Updated Environmental Policy: ECO VISION 2025
― Outlining its global 2025 sustainability targets ―
KARIYA (Japan) ― DENSO Corporation has formulated ECO VISION 2025, its 10-year environmental policy and action plan to help resolve environmental and energy issues and conduct business in harmony with nature. DENSO’s ECO VISON policy, which was first launched in 1997, has been in place for nearly 20 years.
In fiscal 2015, DENSO achieved its fiscal 2016 targets for CO2 emissions with a reduction of 66% based on its basic unit*, compared with fiscal 1991, and with a reduction of 19% on a global basis compared with fiscal 2011. (* Basic unit = CO2 emissions divided by sales)
DENSO’s ECO VISION 2025 outlines three targets (Target 3) to be achieved by 2025 and also outlines 10 specific action plans (Action 10) to achieve these targets in the areas of products, factories, employees, and management.
Through the activities stated in DENSO ECO VISION 2025, DENSO will create new environmental values, preserve the planet, and prepare a bright future for future generations.