Kalle Rovanperä achieves second consecutive podium finish for TOYOTA GAZOO Racing at Ypres Rally in Belgium
Installation and Fault Finding
Removal and installation
1. Disconnect the connector from the faulty Ignition Coil. Remove the screw(s) and faulty Ignition Coil.
2. Install the new Ignition Coil into the plug hole of the cylinder head in the same orientation with the original sensor, in order to secure the connection to the spark plug terminal. Install the screw and connector. Turn the engine on and check if the ignition system works properly.
Ignition coils can fail before their usual service life due to wear and defects such as overheating caused by internal short circuits, defective ignition cables, low battery power, vibration, thermal failures, mechanical damage and incorrect contacts.
- No combustion: No combustion occurs because no spark is emitted.
- Stalling: Engine stalls but can be restarted.
- Poor drivability: Hesitation during acceleration or the engine misfires.