TOYOTA GAZOO Racing start the 2019-2020 FIA World Endurance Championship season in style
1. Identify each wire connection and note the location of each on the starter.
2. Disconnect and remove the battery cable from the starter.
3. Disconnect and remove all other wires from the starter.
4. Loosen the starter mounting bolts. Do not remove the bolts yet.
5. Support the starter and remove the bolts holding the starter in place. Set the bolts and starter aside. Be sure to note fastener size and location before removing the starter.
6. Inspect the flywheel or flexplate ring gear through the starter mounting port for tooth damage. Replace as necessary.
1. Physically compare the replacement starter to the original starter. Compare the wire connector locations, front housing clocking, adjusting hole locations and drain hole position to the original starter.
2. Support the starter and fasten it into position. Torque the mounting bolts to the vehicle manufacturer’s recommended specifications.
3. Re-connect the previously removed wires to their proper location on the starter. Be sure there is no interference between the wire harness and other components. Torque all threaded fasteners to the vehicle manufacturer’s recommended specifications.
4. Re-connect the battery cable to its proper location on the starter. Do not overtighten battery cable retaining nut. See the vehicle manufacturer’s recommended specifications for correct torque value.
5. Re-connect the negative battery cable to the battery. Do not overtighten negative battery cable. See the vehicle manufacturer’s recommended specifications for correct torque value.
6. Check the starter for proper operation.