Drive to maintain DENSO A/C satisfaction this summer
Across the high levels of traffic this summer, DENSO air conditioning will be the unseen hand that takes the pain out of commuting and keeps a family in comfort on their way to their vacation. Despite such extreme levels of demand and usage, which makes air conditioning a source of satisfaction and frustration in equal measure, failures are still found to be a servicing issue in 99 per cent of cases.
DENSO is uniquely placed to offer expert, practical advice on A/C Compressor replacement and servicing. We actively support customers through a series of training initiatives in selected regions to inform and train garages on car A/C service, Compressor installation and repair procedures. Supporting the workshops which care for the end user is a vital part of maintaining the reliability and customer satisfaction.
Failures in the hardware of DENSO air conditioning are almost unheard of, with DENSO systems showing an extremely low warranty ratio – providing peace of mind for stockists, installers and drivers alike. When failures do occur, the number one cause has been found to be simple maintenance and operation issues – such as neglecting servicing needs and not refilling the refrigerant.
Air-conditioning systems need regular maintenance to ensure good performance throughout the year, particularly during the spring and summer when the parts are put under a greater strain. In just 45-60 minutes, workshops can deliver a thorough air-conditioning service.
DENSO has introduced the 7 basic steps of car A/C service toprovide an efficient and comprehensive air-conditioning service:
- The first step is one of the most important - to confirm the current operation and performance of the air conditioning system. It is essential to find out whether customers have noticed any issues with their car; whether a noticeable decrease in performance, noises or bad interior odours.
- Check A/C cooling performance by measuring the air outlet temperature in order to have a precise reference value when performing the final check laterCheck if the vehicle is equipped with an interior filter and if this filter needs replacing. Timely replacement will prevent reduction of airflow into the car’s interior and in some cases, blockages.
- Check the state of the system parts. Check if there is any damage, such as stone hitting or corrosion, which might give problems later and check whether the condenser or radiator surface is polluted with dirt, which can restrict air flow.
- Identification of the refrigerant inside the system. ‘Drop in’ or imitation refrigerants can easily reduce performance and damage the system components, such as your compressor.
- Identification of the quality of the refrigerant and oil. Many times improper oils are used and improper or too much UV leak detection fluid is used, which can reduce lifetime of your compressor and is one of the main reasons why compressors fail.
- Check for refrigerant leakage. There is no one perfect method for identifying leaks and best practice is the combination of two or three different methods.
- Test air-conditioning system for proper operation. When checking the system operation, you not only test performance, but also check for noise, operation of condenser fan and air flow, air mixing (heating and cooling) and, bad smell in the interior when in A/C mode.
A properly maintained and well-serviced A/C system will help provide a longer lifetime for parts, with fewer or no expensive repairs required. Delivering lower fuel consumption, exhaust emissions and noise, the comprehensive service can help improve workshop’s customer service and secure return business.