Back to basics: How an ignition coil works
Our Diesel Components deliver high-pressure fuel consistently at the right time.
DENSO supplies the following components:
- Supply pumps - HP2, HP3, HP4
- CR injectors - full range
- SCV’s - supplied range for HP2 and HP3/HP4
Common rail fuel injection pump (supply pump)
The common rail type pump has been developed to meet strict exhaust gas regulations in the 21st century. This system consists of a supply pump, common rail, electronically controlled injectors, various sensors to detect the running condition of the engine and a computer (ECU) to control these devices. The supply pump is driven by the engine and produces high-pressure fuel. An injector is mounted on each cylinder of the engine and the high-pressure fuel from the supply pump is distributed to each injector by the common rail.
At the forefront of Diesel technology, DENSO’s superior R&D investment has helped to pioneer increasingly efficient, powerful and reliable Diesel engines with minimal emissions.
Our achievements include:
- 1995: DENSO pioneers the world’s first Diesel Common-Rail system.
- 2002: DENSO introduces the world’s first 1800-bar Diesel Common Rail fuel system.
- 2005: DENSO introduces the world’s first 1800-bar Diesel Common Rail fuel system with highly responsive Piezo Injectors, providing even better combustion performance.