TOYOTA GAZOO Racing reigns in Bahrain! The team take first and second place in round 4 of the WEC
Installation and Fault finding
Recommended Torque and tightening angle
1. Use the correct wrench for the hex on the plug, and be careful not to damage the insulator.
2. When changing, make sure that no foreign substance falls into the combustion chamber.
3. When putting the plugs in, make sure that all cylinders are clean.
4. Make sure the plugs are vertical, then tighten them by hand until they cannot be tightened any further (A+B).
5. Then, use a spark plug wrench to tighten them accurately according to the recommended torque specifi cation (C+D).
DENSO recommends using lubricant on the thread.
An effective way of diagnosing the engine’s operating condition is to check if the spark plugs look
abnormal. If all cylinders are operating normally then the spark plug appearance is light grey, there are tanned deposits and there is a slight electrode erosion.