Latest DENSO Lambda Sensors extension covers popular vehicles
DENSO Europe B.V.’s After Market and Industrial Solutions Business Unit has further extended its OE quality Lambda Sensors programme, with the addition of 13 new part numbers covering dozens of popular applications for Vauxhall, Hyundai, Kia, Audi and Mitsubishi vehicles.
The range extension, which covers 43 OE part numbers, results in a European vehicle parc coverage of more than 68 percent. The complete programme – now comprising 412 part numbers and 5,394 vehicle types – is listed on the TecDoc cataloguing system.
DENSO’s Lambda Sensor range for the European aftermarket is founded on the company’s exceptional experience as one of the world’s foremost manufacturers of original car parts; including Lambda Sensors, which are selected as OE by leading marques including Toyota, Honda, Jaguar, Volvo, Mazda, Subaru, Landrover, Daimler Chrysler, General Motors and Opel/Vauxhall.
Each of DENSO’s aftermarket Lambda Sensors is manufactured to the same, exacting OE standards that it supplies to these leading car makers, ensuring long, reliable operation and customer satisfaction.
The aftermarket range features heated and unheated Lambda Sensors (switching type), A/F sensors (linear type), Lean Burn sensors and Titania sensors; both direct fit and universal. These include both regulating sensors (fitted before the catalyst) and diagnostic sensors (fitted after the catalyst). Many of the types of Lambda Sensors offered as part of the IAM programme are unique to DENSO and not offered by other major brands.
Stefan Verhoef, DENSO Product Manager Lambda Sensors explained: “Our vehicle parc coverage has grown steadily in recent years. This latest range extension is a key example of DENSO bringing to market the very latest products for the most popular applications. What’s more, our Lambda Sensors are close to original OE product, so they offer a true, direct fit solution that is exceptionally quick, cost effective and reliable to install. The programme therefore offers customers an unrivalled combination of choice, quality and convenience.”
Since their initial introduction in the 1970s, lambda sensors have become an integral part of modern cars, not only in terms of reducing the vehicle’s environmental impact but also reducing running costs. The technological development of these sensors has been driven in part by European regulations.
Today, almost every car has two lambda sensors installed: one control sensor and one diagnostic sensor for the catalytic convertor. High demand and on-going changes in emissions regulations means that there is extensive sales potential for garages, wholesalers and distributors.
Find out more
A DENSO After Market Lambda Sensors 2014/15 printed catalogue, handy product leaflet and informative wall poster - including a product cutaway and trouble-shooting photo guide – are all available to customers and workshops on request. Details of the continually expanding programme are also available online at www.denso-am.eu, on TecDoc or by contacting DENSO Europe B.V.’s Business Unit Aftermarket on +31 (0) 294 493 493.
The new applications
New vehicle applications covered by the latest DENSO Lambda Sensors range extension include:
- Audi A3 (03-12), A6 (04-11), TT (06-present)
- Citroën C1 (05-present)
- Ford C-Max (07-present), Focus C-Max (03-07), FOCUS II (04-present), Galaxy (92-06), Grand C-Max (10-present)
- Hyundai Accent (05-10), Accent (94-00), Accent (99-05), Atos, Atos Prime, Coupé (01-09) Coupé (96-02), Elantra (00-06), Getz i10 (07-present), Matrix, Traject (00-08), Tucson (04-10)
- Kia Carens (02-06), cee’d (06-12), Cerato (01-09), Picanto, Rio (05-11) Sportage (04-10)
- Mitsubishi Colt CZC, Colt VI (04-12)
- Opel/Vauxhall Astra G (98-09), Astra H (04-present), Meriva (03-10), Vectra C (02-present), Zafira (05-11)
- Peugeot 107
- Seat Altea (04-present), Altea XL (06-present), Leon (05-present), Toledo III (04-09)
- Skoda Octavia 1Z3/1Z5 (04-12)
- Smart Forfour
- Toyota Aygo (05-present), Corolla (01-07), Yaris (99-05)
- Vauxhall Astra Mk IV (98-06), Astra MK V (04-present), Meriva (03-10), Zafira (05-present)
- Volvo C30 (06-12), S40 (04-present)
- VW Eos (06-present), Golf Plus (05-present), Golf V (03-09), Jetta (05-10), Touran